Here’s how to start….
- Find a teacher, navigating from the links above, the Private Lessons page or by viewing the Current Instrument Schedule. The Instrument Schedule is a helpful list of each instrument and the days that those instruments are taught.
- Find the instrument you are looking for and the teachers available for that instrument.
- Read our teacher biographies to learn more about them (their biographies are listed under each instrument they teach). Each teacher’s biography lists the instrument(s) they teach, the day(s) they teach (but not the times that are still open), and the minimum age requirements. Please contact us by calling or visiting the store to select your time and teacher to register.
- Register! Once you’ve found some options you like, you can register for lessons either in person or over the phone. Payment for the entire semester (or the remaining weeks in the semester) must be received in order to secure a time slot with your preferred teacher. Registration and payment may be made in person at the store or by telephone with the use of a credit card. Keep in mind, our teachers’ schedules are always changing! Please note, we do not accept registrations via email or web at this time.
More info is Available:
- Visit our Lesson Schedule Page: Info about our semester-based system.
- Visit our School Policies Page. This page includes information about our rates, as well as our cancellation policies.
Rent a Practice Room from us! We have rooms available weekdays, typically from 10 am to 2 pm. Weekend availability too! Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Yamaha grand piano also available. From $20/hr during store hours. Call for details, or drop in!
About our Music Lessons
We began offering private music lessons to students of all ages in 1996, and now have 45 teachers and 20 teaching studios operating 7 days a week at our West Broadway location. All of our teachers are professionals in Vancouver’s musical community, whose performing credentials range from local symphony orchestras to jazz, pop, rock and folk bands.
With the exception of a few group and ensemble lessons, our lessons are one to one and private. Lessons range from 30 to 45 or 60 minutes. Our lessons are divided into 4 semesters (Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer) and average 10-12 weeks in length. Re-registration priority is given to current students, so when you enroll with us, you are guaranteed your preferred time slot before we offer registration to new students. View our Music Lesson Policies and our Lesson Schedule for more information.
CHILDREN‘S ARTS TAX CREDIT
The federal government has created the Children’s Arts Tax Credit (CATC), which allows you to claim the expenses incurred if your child is enrolled in a prescribed program of artistic, cultural, recreational or developmental activity for 2011 and subsequent years. If you plan to claim the CATC, please retain your reciept at the time of registration, or if you have registered over the telephone, please come in to claim your form BEFORE the end of each semester. Please do not wait until tax season to request your form as we become backlogged with requests and these forms will have been moved to our archives for lack of space.
For more information, please visit this page: Children’s Art Tax Credit