“The main concern for parents should be to bring up their children as noble human beings. That is sufficient. If this is not their greatest hope, in the end the child may take a road
contrary to their expectations. Children can play very well. We must try to make them splendid in mind
and heart also.”
— Shinichi Suzuki
One of our favourite teachers, Meredith, is teaching our Suzuki classes!
There are three group classes to choose from as well as private lessons, see the list with class options and times below.
Our private Suzuki lessons will be on Mondays before and after the group classes (see notes below). Students may register for private lessons at any time.
Suzuki Violin Twinkles
Fall 2014 – Mondays 5:30 pm – 6:15 pm (45 minute group lesson)
– For ages 4-6 and/or for beginners
– Additional private lessons are not required for these students, but are available
– Cost of lessons: see our School Policies page
Suzuki Violin Book 1 Group class
Fall 2014 – Mondays 6:15 pm – 7 pm (45 minute group lesson)
-For ages 6-8
-Students need to know Twinkle Twinkle Theme and Variations
-Students are required to take additional private lessons (1 per week) either with Meredith or another Suzuki accredited teacher.
-Cost of lessons: see School Policies page
Suzuki Intermediate Ensemble
**Learn more about this Ensemble Class Here**
Fall 2014 – Mondays 7:30 pm – 8 pm (45 minute group class)
– For ages 9-12
– Students must be in Suzuki book 2, 3 or 4
– This ensemble class is intended as a supplementary class to private lessons. (Private lessons may be here or elsewhere).
– Cost of lessons: See School Policies page
- Private lessons for Meredith’s Suzuki students will be available on Mondays. If Monday spots fill up, Meredith will offer any other available spot on her other teaching days.
- Meredith recommends that students take both private and group lessons, but will allow students to register solely for private Suzuki instruction.
Learn more about our Group and Ensemble Classes!