We rent and sell new, nearly new, and used Eastman, Gliga, Gewa and Speyer brand Double Basses. Our stock is always in flux and we often have used basses in stock. Our in-house Luthier Ian sets up every instrument new or used before it is put out on the floor. We spare no effort to improve the fingerboard of each bass to remove buzzing and other issues. We use only quality strings and tailpieces. We also provide a quality padded gig bag, Pops bass rosin and choice of German or French wood bow with every instrument.
Prussin Music is excited to have highly customized Moar Instruments available in Double Bass. The time involved in making these instruments is very extensive so there will only be one or two of these available in a year.
Check our Moar Instrument Page
Please enquire if you are looking for a bass from a brand not listed above. We do purchase used basses from brands if the instruments meet our quality standards, and we also have a fluid stock of basses in and out from rental.
If you are interested in a used double bass, please phone, email us, or visit us to check availability. If we are out of used stock, we can your name to a wish list for this type of instrument. When we get one in that matches what you are looking for, we will then contact you first before putting it out for sale to the public.
Eastman Double Bass Models
A popular choice in Vancouver, Eastman is a company well-known for its quality carved top instruments. Choose from nitro spray lacquer finish or antiqued finish, laminate or solid top. Eastman basses tend to have a slim neck profile, easy for students to play.
Models available from Eastman
- VB80ST Nitro varnish, Laminate top
- VB85ST Antiqued Spirit Varnish, Laminate top
- VB90ST Nitro Varnish, Solid top
- VB95ST Antique Spirit Varnish, Solid top
Gliga Double Bass Models
All Prussin Double Basses come with a padded gig bag, rosin, choice of French or German style bow and D’Addario Helicore strings. These items are included with rental or purchase.
- We primarily rent basses from brands Eastman, Gliga and Speyer. Other brands of bass may be available, so please check with us.
- Available for rent starting from $47.00 per month (used).
- Available for purchase starting from $1500.00 (used).
- All basses are fully set up, checked over by our in-house luthier Ian.
- Rentals come with padded gig bag, rosin, choice of French or German style bow and D’Addario Helicore strings.
- Maintenance is included free with any bass rental, for the duration of the rental. This includes any normal wear and tear issues, including bow and bag, but does not cover string replacement. Our repair shop is open Monday through Friday.
- Exchanges: We carry upright basses from 1/4 to 3/4 sizes. Exchanges are easy within the orchestral string department. We make all exchanges easy and hassle-free.
- Renters receive a music folder and travel tag when first renting.
Information on Double Bass Trade-Ins
We sell and rent Electric Basses too! Check out our Guitar Page to see our selection!