We rent and sell new, nearly new, and used Gliga brand Double Basses. Our stock is always in flux and we often have used basses in stock. Our in-house Luthier Ian sets up every instrument new or used before it is put out on the floor. We spare no effort to improve the fingerboard of each bass to remove buzzing and other issues. We use only quality strings and tailpieces.
Prussin Music is excited to have highly customized Moar Instruments available in Double Bass. The time involved in making these instruments is very extensive so there will only be one or two of these available in a year.
Check our Moar Instrument Page
Occasionally we purchase other brands of used basses for stock if the instruments meet our quality standards. We also get bass rental returns in periodically. If you are interested in a used double bass, please phone, email us, or visit us to check availability. If we are out of used stock, we can your name to a wish list for this type of instrument. When we get one in that matches what you are looking for, we will then contact you first before putting it out for sale to the public.
Gliga Double Bass Models
All Prussin Double Basses come with a padded gig bag, rosin, choice of French or German style bow and D’Addario Helicore strings. These items are included with rental or purchase.
- We primarily rent basses from brands Gliga and Speyer. Other brands of bass may be available, so please check with us.
- Available for rent starting from $55.00 per month.
- Available for purchase starting from $1695.00.
- All basses are fully set up, checked over by our in-house luthier Ian.
- Rentals come with padded gig bag, rosin, choice of French or German style bow and D’Addario Helicore strings.
- Maintenance is included free with any bass rental, for the duration of the rental. This includes any normal wear and tear issues, including bow and bag, but does not cover string replacement. Our repair shop is open Monday through Friday.
- Exchanges: We carry upright basses from 1/4 to 3/4 sizes. Exchanges are easy within the orchestral string department. Our exchange policy - Should you wish to exchange instruments, your rental credit will be transferred at no less of your accumulated credit for instruments of equal or greater value. Exchanges within our orchestral string rental program are charged a fee to cover set-up and administration costs. While the fee is optional, credit can only be carried forward when the fee is paid. We make all exchanges easy and hassle-free.
- Renters receive a music folder and travel tag when first renting.
Information on Double Bass Trade-Ins
We sell and rent Electric Basses too! Check out our Guitar Page to see our selection!